Only a paltry 7% of Americans describe themselves as Christians who believe the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God*. For the sake of argument let’s say that four times that many actually believe in Jesus Christ but are still under the influence of some significant false teaching. And that’s how I came up with the optimistic number that 30% of Americans have a world view in reality; the remaining 70% live in a fantasy world.
- The President of the United States lives in a fantasy world.
- The majority of pastors, ministers, and clergy live in a fantasy world.
- Journalists you trust to report the events of the day live in a fantasy world.
- Most, if not all, elected leaders live in a fantasy world.
- Most of your children’s teachers live in a fantasy world.
- Most scientists live in a fantasy world.
How can I justify such outlandish statements? By reading my Bible. Every verse in the Bible is true or none is true. God is either who He says He is or the Cross of Jesus Christ was a lie. Any variation on that point creates a form of Christianity conceived of and approved by mortal men. What else explains the hundreds of different forms of Christianity?
In the real world there is only one Jesus. In the fantasy world there are many forms of jesus who is the poster boy for foolish tolerance that seeks to vilify the very words of Jesus of Nazareth.
The Holy Spirit led those in the 7% to the truth of the Bible. The Holy Spirit reveals the absolute truth of God, the Creation, and what the words in the Bible mean. The Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ. Jesus is God. God is the Holy Spirit.
Christian World View or Fantasy
What is the source of your world view? As a new creation in Christ you have been given eyes that are capable of seeing clearly and not the 4-D fantasy most of the world sees. Unless the Spirit of God lives in you it isn’t possible to see truth.
The only way to access a vision of the real world is the Holy Spirit. Remember this simple fact as you evaluate everything around you. The Enemy is hard at work to suck you into the fantasy world he rules.
“The Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.” – Jesus, John 14:17
. . . . .
* Barna Research Study Results